Hi there and welcome. We are Haiku Labs Ltd, trading as Friendili. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 12042496. Our registered offices are at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX.
- What is Friendili?
Friendili is a community for families navigating health challenges and disabilities. Our community enables Members to create or participate in public and private discussions, read articles, and to find friends. People who use our Services and Applications can invite Members to connect with each other, to share information and read and listen to our articles, marketing materials, podcasts and discussions (Content).
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on our Services and Applications, and in the material published. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights reserved.
‘Friendili’ and ‘find your tribe’ are registered trademarks. By using our Services and Applications, you agree that you will not modify any materials you have printed off or downloaded, and you will not use any content without having prior authorisation from us.
- Accessing our Services and Applications
- You must be at least the age of majority in the City or Country where you live to use Friendili’s Services.
- You must ensure that your username for Friendili does not include any of the following:
- Any reference to Friendili
- Any obscenities
- The words ‘Admin’ or ‘Staff, or any other phrase that gives the impression you are part of the Friendili staff team
- Any information of a commercial nature. If you would like to participate in our affiliates programme, you will be sent separate terms and conditions.
- Keeping Friendili a Positive Place
We hope that Friendili will provide a positive experience for all. Although we have no obligation or liability for any interactions you may have during your time using our Services, we may monitor your interactions with other members who use our Services.
We are always striving to improve the experience of our Service users. If you have any feedback regarding our Services, or would like to suggest room for improvement, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. By doing so, you agree that we can use your feedback with no repercussions, and for free.
We reserve the right to close your account, without notice. If you violate these Terms, we may terminate your account with no prior warning.
4. Selling your services or products on Friendili
Please do not use the Friendili platform to sell your services or promote your business. If we find users breaching this term, we reserve the right to terminate your membership. If you would like to advertise with us, or join our affiliate programme, you can email us to register your interest: email@example.com.
5. Content on Friendili
- By using Friendili’s Services, you agree not to infringe intellectual property and personal rights with your Content (any posts, discussions, articles and any other form of electronic communication from you on our Services). This includes Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other right owned by a third party without their express permission first.
- Violates or infringes any copyright, trademark, moral right or other third party right
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, extremist, defamatory or libellous
- Is harassing in nature
- That is obscene, offensive or otherwise objectionable
- That could cause harm or injury
- Brings Friendili into disrepute
- Could contain sensitive or identifying information about a minor
- Use Friendili’s Services and Applications to encourage members to a similar product or service as Friendili
Your contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- We allow You to post, upload, transmit through or otherwise make available, messages, text, images, illustrations, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, video, music and other Content and materials. We reserve the right to publish, edit or reject and Content that you send us without payment to you – unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- By submitting Content to us or posting on our Services and Applications, you understand and accept that permits us worldwide, royalty-free perpetual rights to use the Content in any way we deem appropriate. We may exercise this right in any format, both now and in the future, to exploit User Content, in whole or in part.
- It is your duty to submit Content that contains accurate and factual information. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of information provided on Friendili.
- We reserve the right to display advertisements and sponsorships in connection with your Content and to use your Content for advertising and promotional purposes.
6. No reliance on Information and Medical Disclaimer
- We have taken all reasonable care to ensure the information on our Services and Applications are accurate, however make no representation or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, about the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any such information. We neither warrant nor represent that your use of our Services and Applications will not infringe the rights of third parties.
- The content of our Services and Applications, including any articles, web chats, audio transmissions or videos is provided for general information only. Friendili’s Services and Applications do not contain medical advice and all content is for informational and educational purposes only and not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
- Friendili’s content, or any content on other sites linked to from Our Services and Applications, is never a substitute for professional medical advice. Even if another user appears to be a medical professional they are not in a position to undertake a physical examination or understand your or your child’s full medical history. Therefore you should always speak to a doctor or other health practitioner about your/your child’s condition and/or treatment or changes to your or your child’s condition and/or treatment.
- You acknowledge and agree that all Information (collectively, articles, website content, app content, user chats, messages, message boards and learning content) are provided to you for information purposes only and are not a substitute for the advice, recommendations or instructions from your GP, physician, or other appropriately qualified and registered healthcare professional.
- By accepting these Terms you acknowledge and accept that content on Friendili’s Services and Applications, or through internet discussions on Friendili’s Services and Applications, are not substitutes for medical advice. Friendili does not endorse any specific treatment, operation, physician, opinion that features on its Services and Applications. You acknowledge and accept that reliance on any information you read on Friendili’s Services and Applications is entirely at your own risk and Friendili will be in no way accountable. If you are looking for advice on medical matters, we always recommend discussing the issue at hand with your doctor or your child’s doctor.
- Changes to Friendili’s Services and Applications
- We reserve the right to update and modify our Services and Applications at any time. It is the User’s duty to note that our Content may be out of date, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- Third Party Websites and Applications
- During your use of Friendili’s Services and Applications, you may come across links that lead to third party websites or applications. By agreeing to these Terms, you accept that the content, accuracy and function of third party websites and applications is totally outside of our control and we accept no responsibility for content you may find.
- You can create links to Friendili’s Services and Applications, but you must ensure that you do not suggest that we have any affiliation to you or that we endorse any of your products or services, unless you have prior written approval from us. We reserve the right to close down your User account if you breach this and also reserve the right to require you to take down any links to our Services and Applications with immediate effect.
- Governing Law
- Friendili’s Services and Applications are designed for use within the UK and Ireland and by accessing them you are agreeing that the laws of England and Wales will be applicable to any disputes which may arise.
- The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to, a visit to the Website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
- The Website is designed for use within the UK and Ireland only. If you choose to access information on the Website from outside of the UK or Ireland, it is your responsibility to comply with the applicable local, national or international laws and any use of the Website outside of the UK or Ireland is entirely at your own risk.
- Limitation of our Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website including (without limitation) any information provided via any ‘web-chat’ facility).
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- This limitation of liability extends to all of Friendili’s Service and Applications and includes those featured on the platform, including expert advisors, contractors and collaborators.
You agree to release, indemnify and defend Friendili/Haiku Labs Ltd Entities from all third party claims and costs arising out of or related to:
- Your use of Friendili’s Services
- Your Content
- Your Conduct or interactions with other Members
- Any breach of this agreement
You will be responsible for all fees relating to a breach of this Agreement, but will allow us to participate in the defence and will not settle a claim without our prior written consent.
We take privacy seriously
We are committed to keeping your data as secure as possible and work closely alongside the seven pillars of GDPR, including: transparency, purpose limitation, data minimisation, accuracy, storage limitation, integrity and accountability.
Our data is stored with AWS, an ISO:27001 service and when we access our database we always do so through a virtual VPN. While we employ a strict security policy, use the latest technology and do our utmost to protect your data, it is an unfortunate fact that which accessing any online service, there is always a risk of a data breach. By using Friendili’s Services and Applications you acknowledge and understand this. If there is a breach in security at Friendili, we will make any legally required disclosures of the breach as soon as possible.
Using Friendili’s Services
When you use Friendili’s Services and Applications, we collect personal information, such as your name, photo, email address and phone number, as well as non-identifying information such as your birthday and postcode. We also automatically collect certain information when you use Friendili’s Services, such as your location (if you enable this feature), a device identifier, MAC address, IP address, operating system, browser type and the address of any referring sites. You are free to enable or disable location services at any point during your Friendili experience through your mobile device settings.
We recommend that your username and password for Friendili’s Services and Applications are unique to Friendili. We do not advise that you share your login information with anyone, or store it somewhere easily accessible by others. Friendili cannot be held accountable for a data breach that results from the error or misjudgement of a Member.
What data do we store?
We store the following data:
- IP address, cookies, device ID – these inform us which web browser and/or device you are using
- Your page browsing information, so that we understand what interests you most
- The information you registered with
- We use analytics to report on page views to help us understand trends across the usage of our Services and Applications. We never share your personal information with companies like Google Analytics and your IP address is anonymised before we share usage information
- Discussions you have with other members, including private messages. This allows us to have a record, in case it is ever required
- A summary of actions we may have taken in relation to your account
- Ads viewed and clicked on the site, so that we can tailor your experience in the future.
What do we do with the data we collect?
We use the data collected at Friendili for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Services and Applications, and their features and content
- To administer your use of our Services and your account
- To improve site navigation and monitor the usage and trends of our Services
- To understand your needs and interests
- To fulfil requests you might make
- To provide customer service and respond to your emails, questions, submissions and complaints
- To send you security alerts, email communications, and support and administrative messages
- To provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties that we think you might find useful or interesting. This includes but is not limited to: newsletters, marketing and promotional materials and other information on related services. If you decide that you wish to opt out of these communications, you can follow the instructions provided in any of the communications, such as the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our emails
- To find and connect with your friends, when instructed by you
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected
What do we share with third parties?
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to help us deliver our Services – including, but not limited to, hosting, Service and Application maintenance, database management, analytics and administration. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf. They are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose, and are required to take appropriate security measures in line with our policy
- When you give us your consent to do so
- In connection with, or during negotiations of any sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, merger, or any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of Friendili Ltd’s business assets
- When we believe, in good faith, that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so, or when we are required to comply with the law or legal authorities, including responding to warrants, court orders and lawful subpoenas
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our site, our Members and others.
- As part of the due diligence afforded to any company wishing to invest in or buy our company.
We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third parties, neither are we responsible for any information you provide to them.
Links to third party websites and apps
Friendili’s Services and Applications may contain links to other adverts, apps and websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” any type of advertisement or third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we may link to a website or present an advertisement should not be taken as an endorsement, authorisation or representation that we are in any way affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or security practices.
Keeping Friendili Safe
Members – we advise you choose a username that is different to your ‘real life’ name to maintain a level of anonymity. In addition to your username, any comments or submissions that you post will be publicly available. When you use Friendili’s Services and Applications, any information, images or posts you share on Friendili’s Services and Applications are shared at your own risk. We also advise choosing a password that contains both capital letters and numbers, as well as the password being completely original.
We go to great lengths to ensure Member safety and satisfaction, but it should be noted that we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may share information. In addition, you agree and understand that even if you remove your Personal Information and content from our Services and Applications, it may still be available in cached or archived web pages.
We recommend that you refrain from sending private information or Personal Information by email, message, chat or other messaging services. We reserve the right to amend or close down any profiles that contain identifying information that could put a Member or his or her family at risk.
While we do all we can to ensure Friendili is a safe and welcoming environment, we are in no way responsible for how or why a Member accesses our site, and their subsequent actions. We can, however, ban members from our site and have given you the option to ‘block’ or ‘report’ users, if you choose to do so. If you have a concern about a Member or any content, you can contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Services and Applications are not directed at children under 16, and we do not knowingly collect data from under 16s. If we find that we have collected personal data from an under 16, we will delete it from our system straight away.
How long to we keep your data for?
In accordance with UK tax law, we store Member’s personal data for seven years after their last action within the app, unless we receive a request for it to be deleted before then.
We may automatically collect information through the use of “cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer that help us better understand how you interact with our Services. You can change your cookie settings any time via your internet browser settings, but by doing so you understand you may not have the full functionality of Friendili’s Services if you disable them.
We may use the services of third-party advertising companies and networks to serve ads to you on your behalf when you use our Services. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or phone number) about your use of Friendili and other websites in order to display advertisements for goods or services of interest to you.
Changes to our Services and Applications
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com.